Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Moose Game

Another trip to the MTS Centre to watch the Moose vs Quad City. I have no idea where the Quad Cities are but it doesn't matter. The tickets were courtesy of Maple Leaf Consumer Foods and they were a set of primo seats in the John Labatt Lounge section. Row 4! I went with my 2 year old boy on the eve of his 3rd birthday.

My son had an excellent time. The first play of the game was a dump-in just in front of our seats and the Moose defenseman was wallpapered into the glass. Awesome! A sweet goal and a fight just in front of us too. Again, awesome!

As for the game itself, there's no mistaking the Quad Cities team as the AHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames. They were all grit with one dude that was slick and could find the back of the net. The team even had a Sutter on it. The more veteran Moose team had more skill but after winning the first game of a two game week-end series the night before, I think the Moose were already on Xmas break. Final score - 2 to 1 for the QC Flames.

I'll be back for another Moose game for sure. A great pre-game show, good hockey, and a great venue. It's no Brandon Wheat King game but I'll take it...especially comp. tickets.





No comments: