Last night I battled with my 2 year old over where he was going to sleep. His goal was in bed with Mom and Dad. My goal was his bed with Binky and Boots the Horse. It became a real battle of "who's the boss?". I put my best Tony Danza forward and my son didn't back down either. In the end he woke up in his bed and I woke up after only a few good hours of sleep - CRANKY!
It actually all started yesterday on the way home from work. I smacked my head on a bus pole. There's a story behind it but it doesn't matter. I smacked my head and yelled in pain in public. Feeling foolish and in actual physical pain I festered on the ride home.
So this morning I went to the Brier cranky and with a bruise and welt over my eye.
Draw 12 really sucked. Manitoba lost to Newfoundland. 'Nuff said.
I found myself alone at the Brier - friend jammed out because of work - so I looked around with an ill tempered spirit and thought of a few things.....
Lead Rocks - Vicki Hall needs a new press photo for the Tankard Times. Geez...talk about needing to sex up curling a bit. If you can't find a new photo of her please reduce the size. I don't know Vicki but I can bet you she's just as upset about it as I am.
Second Rocks - Could there be any more 50/50 ticket sellers at the Brier? It's not nearly enough to be asked every 30 seconds while walking the concourse. One guy actually said I looked like a 50/50 ticket buyer. Really? I haven't been hit up that hard since the 'games' section of the Conklin Midway.
Vice Skip Rocks - It's great that students from high schools and middle schools around the city get to go to the Brier during the day. Hopefully a few will be interested in the sport and take it up. It also fills some of the upper deck and that's all fine and dandy. But I could really do without all the frantic screaming. It's so annoying and makes me dizzy. It's like being in an overcrowded public pool. I should mention it's also only 9:30 AM! Simmer down...simmer down.
Skip Rocks - When the MTS Centre opened the urinal troughs never made it over. You can put me in the minority of males that is actually glad about this. I couldn't believe how many guys were upset about that. I hated it! It was really uncomfortable. What did come over from the Arena was that stinky greasy pizza smell. Just a whiff gives me stomach cramps.
I didn't even stick around for the end of Draw 12. Packed it in and went to work.
Burtnyk lost...to Gushue.
Okay, I actually feel a bit better after that rant. I'm still tired but I can deal with that. I'm looking forward to returning to the MTS Centre tomorrow for more Brier. I'm going to take the bus and I'll chuckle as I walk by the pole near the driver. I may even have a Pizza at the MTS Centre, join in on a chant with the high school section and maybe even buy Vicki Hall a drink in the Brier Patch. And you can better believe I'm buying a 50/50 ticket!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I laughed my butt off at this rant... took me a while, but it's all gone! Hope tomorrow is better.
Can't say a lot of it didn't go over my head. I do know (from repeated experiments) that banging my head against a bus pole does little for the appearance of the pole, and less for the appearance of my head. If you MUST imitate Ryan Stock, wearing a helmet is an asset. Or to quote a couple of other nuts, "We have years of experience which keeps US safe".
Post a Comment