I caught a lucky break with my curling schedule and get an extra week of recovery so I should be able to play in the club playoffs.
In the Seasons of Champions of Curling the Women's Worlds are well underway in Vernon. Canada (Jennifer Jones) remains undefeated despite some poor shot making in both games on Monday. Cathy O was more like Cathy Oh my God you missed another shot! I think she sailed her rock through the house 3 times in a row. Brutal!
World Men's curling gets underway next week and yours truly will Rock the Ralph. I'm looking forward to seeing the venue and watching some live international curling.
Hat tip to the Canadian Wheelchair Championships in Winnipeg this week at the West Kildonan Curling Club. They have two Manitoba teams. Imagine that? 2 reps from one province. One Team Manitoba and one Host team. I have a feeling it's due for development and exposure of the game but I gotta say seeing Host team vs Team Ontario doesn't look that awkward. I like the Host team idea as I've already stated it in my Lake Superior Curling Club post. I'm checking out the wheelchair curling action tomorrow and hope to review it on SS on Thursday.
To round out today's post I want to return to the Women's Worlds and a late reply to a reader question about how to make curling sexy.
I find my answer difficult to say but here it goes..two words, Liudmila Privivkova!

Go Team Russia!
3 comments:
You can find full coverage of the 2008 TSX Canadian National Wheelchair Curling Championships on www.wheelchaircurling.com
how to make curling sexy? Don't forget about the skirts. Mandatory skirts I say (the German skip is exempt)
yep...Schoepp just isn't bringing the sexy.
Post a Comment