Thursday, January 15, 2009

Conference Championship Round

Okay, so the NFL is totally unpredictable now. Both Giants and Titans, the #1 conference seeds, lost at home in the second round of the playoffs after a bye. Eli played horrible and the Titans just got unlucky against the Ravens. Then there is Kurt Warner and the Cards upsetting an 8-0 home team on the road. At least the Steelers won as favorites at home against an inferior team.

Round 2 brings us:

Ravens at Steelers
Eagles at Cardinals

I think the Steelers will win at home. As a bit of Bengal fan ( one of few..come on I have Palmer in a fantasy football keeper league), I'd like to see neither team win but that's not possible. The Ravens gave up 300+ yards on the road last week and got a lucky play clock violation non call and a deep ball TD that was thrown into double coverage. I can't see that happening again.

In the NFC match up I think the Cards can actually pull it off. I'm not fully convinced this team is for real but I just like the fact they lost so badly the last time they played the Eagles. Does that sound strange? I just think the Eagles played a perfect game that Thanksgiving night and the Cards saw everything from the Eagles that night. No way McNabb repeats that against a fairly well coached team on the road. The game sold out in 4 minutes. The fans in the desert will be a factor.

Enjoy the games!

No comments: