1. Cito Gaston is back as Manager of the Blue Jays - I think that's cool and I was sorry he ever left. I didn't know much about Gibbons. My friend sounds heart broken about him getting the boot. Let's continue bringing classic Jays. I'm sure Tony Fernandez can still start a double play.
2. Strahan shoots mouth off on Shockey - Hmmm....retired Giant spouts of on current Giant to make splashy debut for network TV. Sound familiar? It's as original as a Don Imus racist comment.
3. Tampa Bay hires Barry Melrose - after drafting Stamkos and locking Lecavalier in for life you would think the Bolts were positioned well to regain credibility....and then they hire Barry Melrose. Get real.
4. Cliff Fletcher - getting all the dirty work done. It should be interesting to see what happens come July 1 with the Leafs. My money says they give a PR type contract offer to Sundin. Enough that saves face but not enough for Mats to consider especially when you consider Fletcher has no intention on assembling a playoff calibre team. The Leafs will miss the playoffs and could likely finish last overall. I say this because I can't see them having a big free agent shopping spree and they just don't have enough NHL calibre players on the current roster. Throw in the fact they play in a division where 3 teams made the playoffs and you have a disaster.
5. Fantasty Football - I received my notice that the league I was in is up and running. I think it was the same day that my potential RB keeper, Marshawn Lynch, was expected to reach a plea with the Buffalo DA for a HIT AND RUN! Yikes! Roger Goddell could have a field day on this guy.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment