Last night I was laughing at the Lay's Potato chip add featuring Mark Messier. It's pretty silly but maybe not as silly as last year's where he was walking on the sidewalk in his hockey skates. That was stupid. I was laughing because most of the cup party scenes showed snow in the background. C'mon Lays, it's damn near May and the Cup Finals don't start until June.
Well, Messier and the marketing people at Lays have the last laugh. This morning I woke up to the radio weather report stating an anticipated 10 cm of snow and 15 mm of rain is on the way to the Peg in the next day or so.
At the back door with my 2 year old son getting ready to leave the house for daycare this morning I had a perfect exchange with him about the snow. The type of parent-child exchange you don't want to forget.
Me: Nolan, there's snow coming soon.
Nolan: (pointing to the backyard happily) No snow...grass.
Me: It's grass now but soon it will be covered in snow.
Nolan: (with a look on his face like he just found out Ryan Fry left Manitoba and Stoughton for Newfoundland and Gushue) No..ooh..oo!
Yes, even a 2 year old knows how brutal snow over the grass during the Stanley Cup playoffs is even if the people at Lays feel otherwise.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment