I missed the better of the two game 7s last night. Philadelphia won in OT while the Flames were put out in only half a game. I watched the first period of the Flames and Sharks game and agreed with CBC analysis that the Flames didn't "play themselves out of the game" and that the game would be a tight affair. So I settled in with high expectations. It didn't happen. The Sharks displayed their talent and the Flames just couldn't match it.
J.R. put on a classic performance. I think he ended up with 4 points last night. Wilson was savvy in sitting J.R. out in Game 6. He didn't need him emptying the tank in Calgary. I'm sure Wilson knew all along if there was to be a Game 7 J.R. would be clutch and he needed him to have his legs for it. Smart move.
I feel bad for Iggy. I don't think there's a player in the league that has the passion and desire he does game in and game out. He deserves a cup.
Like I said above, I missed the Caps/Flyers game so not much to comment on.
I went 5 for 8 in round one. I missed the mark on the Ducks, Wild, and Bruins.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment