Friday, April 4, 2008

Mixing sports and politics

Once I wrap up work early this afternoon I am headed to pick up my son and wife for a trip to Grand Forks. It's only a short 2 hour drive to Grand Forks from the 'Peg and I'm addicted to Curling so it's a no-brainer to take in the World Mens at the Ralph.

I thought I was prepared for everything but I wasn't aware of the additional attention Grand Forks is drawing this week-end. Obama and Clinton speeches will likely draw more than a few interested hacks and wonks. This will likely mean a longer than normal delay crossing the border with both political and curling junkies heading south.

But like the Rock always said, "It doesn't really matter!"It just means a little more time in the car and the trip will still be great. I'm sure my son will be amazed at the long line up of vehicles.

I'm very interested in seeing the Ralph. Friends have raved about it. The curling will be great. I think Kevin Martin will win Gold. I just think he's got such a great team and he's the best shot maker right now. I'm interested in seeing who the surprise team at this event will be. I've got 2 for 1 drink coupons for the bar. You can't do 2 for 1 in bars here in the 'Peg so that's exciting..get ready liver. Loads of shopping to do. Swimming with the kid. Michelob in the motel.

Will I fit it all in?

Find out Monday.

1 comment:

mommy besieged said...

a road trip always does the heart some good. hope you have a good time and may the best team win...
ps. i'm on the road to naming your second child singlehandedly!