Dave Dameshek brought up an interesting sports topic that requires many hours of thought and lists of sports stars. That's pretty much his gig. The current thought is which sports figure (player, coach, GM) is under the most pressure right now. He tossed out names like Kobe, Crosby, Peyton Manning, Brian Cashman, etc. but then he said a name that I just loved to here...Joe Thornton. Now, I think Joe Thornton is great and I cheered for him in Boston and cheer for him when he suits up for Team Canada. As a Shark though, I think the dude is overrated. OK, it bugs me that the Bruins got a bag of steaming crap in return for Joe in one of the worst NHL trades of all time but hear me out. The Sharks have the same number of Cup wins as the Bruins since the trade. That's right, ZERO. So Joe can rack up the points in the regular season and win a round or two on the West Coast but he still has yet to crack the Cup Finals let alone win it. As for the Bruins, they canned the guy that pulled the trigger on the trade and went out and got Savard and Chara. Two big pieces of the current team that is just as much a Cup contender as the Sharks this year.
Back to the main topic though....which sports star is under the most pressure. I think if you ask me this question next year at this time the answer will be Ron Wilson. Leaf Nation is putting up with another poor season but the Honeymoon with Wilson will be over next year. For right now though I have to give the question more thought...the kind of thought Dameshek gives these types of silly things.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment