Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Time to Recap

I just can't seem to blog regularly. I've come to terms with that fact and realize I may only post once a month.



A quick recap since the last post.....



CURLING

Team Coutts participated in the 21st MCA. It was another good year. We finished 4-4 and one game away from the prizes. We played 2 games past our minimum guarantee as well. Most importantly, we rebounded after taking some big losses in the middle of the event. Resby has all the game summary on his site. A fun way of keeping track of our team but also a showcase of what he can do for other curling teams if they were inclined to want similar coverage.



Curlingzone has plenty of MCA thoughts and suggestions in a few running threads. I'm going to keep reading and digest it first before I put some stuff on here. I have my opinions but I'm learning some different perspectives from curlers of a different (better) calibre than mine.



Next week is the Safeway Championship in Selkirk. I'll be heading up there to take in my 5th MB Men's Championship. It's a great event. Check out the list of teams. Thursday is the press conference to announce the seedings. I hope to have my predictions online later today.



FOOTBALL

I'm okay with Pittsburgh winning the Superbowl. I've bought the Simmons and Dameshek idea that it's good for pro sports to have perennial champs and dynasty teams rather than Cinderella champs and that you have to feel some playoff pain before you can savor victory. Having said that......



HOCKEY

The Boston Bruins are leading the NHL and the playoffs are getting closer and closer.....

No comments: