Jeff Stoughton won his record 7th MB Men's Provincials and will represent MB at the Brier in Calgary this year.
The Safeway Championship was a great event. The finals featured the #1 Burtnyk defending champ vs the #2 2007 champ in Stoughton. In the end Stoughton took advantage of the hammer early scoring 2 in the first end then stealing 1 in the second. Stoughton was the sharper curler and Kevin Park out curled Don Walchuk. In my opinion Team Stoughton was the best team. I'm happy to see him return to the Brier and will be at the Saddledome to cheer him on.
As for predictions:
I predicted Stoughton would win. I had 7 out of 8 qualifiers right (had Allan Lyburn rather than Bob Sigurdson). My biggest mistake was not having Carruthers in the final 4. Reid played really well and actually won the All-Star Skip award. I also had Mike McEwen making it to the finals but he feel short again this year despite a solid effort.
I hope to have similar success with my Brier predictions in a few weeks.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment