I don't think I ever did a Fantasy Football review post. Maybe it was because neither of my FF teams made the money rounds. I'm still searching for the right formula and luck to win a FF title. I did, however, win an Eliminator pool that saw me pocket $265. That's nothing compared to the priceless bragging rights of a FF title.
I'm not going to over analyze where I went wrong. I know the mistakes I made and I won't let it happen again. Instead I want to do a list of hits and misses by position of my pre-season rankings. I have no print of my rankings to prove I was high or low on a guy in pre-season. It's just my word and since I'm the only one reading this I think that's all I need.
QB
Hits
BREES - threw for over 4000 yards...spent too much on AP and couldn't afford DB. Bad choice.
CUTLER - my keeper in PBL and the foundation of my franchise. Pro-Bowl season and numbers will improve next year if Bronco RBs can stay healthy and the D improves.
SCHUAB - I couldn't predict a Houston hurricane and a terrible start or a knee injury but the throws and numbers he put in late season games was what I thought he was going to do.
Misses
FLACCO - rookie RB playing way over his head (and he is 6'7!)
RYAN - Matty Ice they called him..who knew the Falcons would win 11 games.
HILL - shouldn't be on any FF list but in a 2 QB league he is relevant and I dissed him.
** I don't feel bad on missing on 2 QBs and the 3rd stringer of a non playoff team.
RB
Hits
SLATON - missed drafting him in PBL but grabbed him on waivers in TCAF. A gem and a top 10 RB for next season.
FORTE - great all around RB. I had him and traded him for Plax....Whoops!
PETERSON- he didn't have mega numbers but he was the NFL leading rusher and he was healthy.
Misses
WILLIMAS, DEANGELO - I bought the "Carolina is going to go power running with first rounder Johnathon Stewart".
STEWART - read above.
GORE - he was decent but then played poorly at the end and that's when it matters most.
TURNER - "who knew the Falcons would win 11 games".
LYNCH - I had high hopes for my keeper and #1 RB but he didn't hit paydirt enough.
JOHNSON, LARRY - I thought this guy still had potential but I didn't think his off the field stuff would impact him as much. Obviously I was wrong. Suspensions and moody dispositions is not what you want in your RB2.
Since the WR list is really long and my 15 minute coffee break is over I will "to be continued" this post.
....To Be Continued.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment