Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Curling just around the Corner Guard

Last week was registration week for most curling clubs in the city of Winnipeg. Once again, I will be playing on Wednesday nights at the Deer Lodge Curling Club. Last year I lost a lot of playing time due to work but this I year I am in a position to play a lot more and I couldn't be happier.

My wife and I have signed up for Mixed Curling at the Fort Rouge Curling Club on Fridays. We curl with a group of friends and it's quite fun. With two kids now it is a little more difficult but we are prepared to enter into the realm of hired babysitters.

On the curling spectator front we are planning on going to the Brier in Calgary which would make 4 straight Briers.

Keep an eye out for the curler.com's MB Men's preview post. I know Resby has been itching to get back into full curling mode. His posts last year on the top 32 were very good and pretty bang on.

No comments: