Saturday, May 31, 2008

May is in the books. For real this time.

My wife pointed out today that May has 31 days so last night our family didn't close out the month of May with fireworks (as referenced in the last point) unless you call a 2-1 Detroit win to go up 3 to 1 on Pittsburgh a fireworks display.

I'd say it was a display of poor coaching. I know Don Cherry said this after the game but it's something I've been harping at work since Game 1. Crosby has to play more. Way more. I also agree with Grapes on the poor decision of Therrien to play Malkin on the 5 on 3. That was a huge mistake.

Detroit has a chance to win the Cup on home ice in Game 5. I wonder who Scott Oake will interview in the celebration. Brad Stuart? Dan Cleary? I mean geez Scott, I know Detroit lacks Canadian content but could you mix it up a bit or maybe learn some Swede.

No comments: