The Flyers and Penguins are about to collide in the Eastern Conference Finals. Both teams have a commanding lead on their opponents in Round Two. A Penguins vs Flyers match-up could end up being the best series of the entire playoffs. Here's a few reasons why:
1. Pennsylvania State rivals
2. Young guns of NHL - Malkin and Crosby vs Carter and Richards
3. Hired guns - Penguins paid a big price for Hossa at the deadline. The Flyers started earlier signing Briere, Hartnell, Biron and Timmonen in the offseason last year.
4. Quebecois goalies - Biron vs Fleury
5. Giant Defenseman - Orpick and Gill vs Coboryn and Hatcher
6. Avoidance meets destiny - The Penguins did not want to play the Flyers in round one and tanked the final game of the season to get an easier match-up vs the Sens. The Flyers know this.
That's from the top of my head so I can only imagine other story lines that have developed over the course of the season and playoffs between these two teams.
I must admit I have been pretty uninterested in Round Two of the Cup Playoffs but should the Penguins play the Flyers I won't miss it.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment