Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Conference Quarter Finals - part 5

Seems fitting that the Bruins would get thrashed in Game 7 vs the Canadiens. 5-0 was the final score and an indication of the dominance Montreal had over Boston this season aside from a few hiccups in this series. I predicted a choke job by Montreal and a Bruin series victory in 6. I came close but really not close at all (not sure if that actually makes sense). Montreal wins in 7.

How can you lose Game 6 at home up 3-2? Brutal! The Flyers are in BIG trouble now having to go to Washington to play Game 7. I predicted a Flyer's upset but just like the Montreal/Boston series I might fall just short.

The final series of round 1 comes to an end in the Western Conference tonight. Calgary looks to win Game 7 on the road in San Jose. Unlike Boston, Calgary has one of the most dominant and clutch forwards (Iginla) and good goaltending (Kipper) so there's a reasonable chance they pull it off but I'll lean toward the Sharks advancing as predicted.

How did I fair in the other match-ups?

Wings/Preds - Prediction = Wings in 5. Actual outcome = Wings in 6. Blessing in disguise for Wings. A few bad games and Hasek was pulled. Goalie controversy out of the way...for now.

Wild/Avs - Prediction = Wild in 5. Actual outcome = Avs in 6. Wild lacked depth on D and Avs played well. Look out if San Jose wins tonight...Detroit vs Colorado!

Ducks/Stars - Prediction = Ducks in 4. Actual outcome = Stars in 6. I wasn't even close. Good for Turks.

Penguins/Sens - Prediction = Pens in 4. Actual outcome = Pens in 4. Anyone with half a brain picked this series right.

Rangers/Devils - Prediction = Rangers in 5. Actual outcome = Rangers in 6. The Devils need an overhaul and before the end of the playoffs there will be several goalies ready to take over the top from Broduer. Gretzky and Canada brass, I hope you watched this series.

Big week-end ahead. Round 2 should start and the NFL draft is this Saturday. Plenty to post on and catch up from a few days off.

No comments: